Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

中六生涯 by Catherine Teo


I remember during May last year, I decided to enter Form Six just because I do not have any better offers from universities yet. Besides, the school fees are cheaper and home is some what closer. I was previously a science stream student so no doubt of presuming it again. I was arranged into the biology class as requested, which is fortunate.

For the first three days, we Form Six students were required to go through orientation. The hall was half filled by just us from Form Six students. We were divided into groups and I get to meet lots of new friends coming from different schools. We had a lot of activities and learned various dances and cheers. On the very beginning of the orientation, we were given each entrusted an egg to care for and was required to carry it around all the time. I managed to keep mine safe until the very last game while many of my friends failed to. Their punishments were really hilarious. However, the fun did not last very long. By the end of the third day, my bid our facilitators and the teachers in charge farewell.

After the orientation, our class session began. The subjects we took may be few but they are all very challenging and difficult to master. In just a few months time, many of my classmates left. Some of them changed to art stream, some went to other universities while some still waits for the offers they applied. The bitterest experience I gained from being a Form Six student is failing particularly every subject during my last term exam in lower Six.

However, teachers encourage us and give us hope. Failing once doesnt mean that you will always be the failure. A long as we are willing to work harder and improve our results. By the beginning of our Upper Six, more of my classmate left. Although Form Six is very hard, but I know now that it is my gateway to better universities. Fortunately I was able to cope up with my lessons and managed to improve my results for the first term examination. Hopefully I will pass all my subjects in the coming tests.

Lastly, we form Six students may differ from the pre-university students in the time of our class sessions or the way we dress, but I will still surely miss the life of a Form Six student, especially the part where we get to have a classroom of our own and constant classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment