Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

20150127_Tue_Day 27: Semakan Penempatan.. 3rd Driving Practice.. Dinner with teacher..




Today indeed was a really tired day. A lot of important things happened in a same day. I would say it is quite a remarkable and historical day in January. So, let’s start the story with my driving practice.

Morning just now I received a call from Mr. Andy, my driving coach. He asked me to go for driving practice. Of course I said okay immediately. In fact, I had been waiting for his call after such a long time. I reviewed back my notes and noticed that in average, I will only having my car driving practice once in a fortnight (literally). We had made an appointment at 11 am.

But then, around 10 am, he called me again and asked me to go to the driving institute now if I am free. I guest his previous learner had done the practice so he called me to go immediately. It is not the first time also. But I’m okay with that. After prepared lunch for pa and ma, so I ride my bike and went there.

On the way I went to driving institute, my Weechat notification sound keep ringing, informing me that someone had start the conversation there.  I only use my Weechat number when keep in contact with my classmate. So I can smell a rat and fell that our semakan penempatan is out already. But I just ignored it because I want to keep my focus to my driving practice.

Well, the driving practice was somehow terrible and horrible. The coach asked me to drive at road and introduced route A and route B to me. Oh my god, it is a real road, real cars and people. We drove through roundabout, junctions, traffic lights, a lot of obstacles along the road and many more.  I was really nervous since I still cannot control the car steering and balancing my car. And the coach kept asking me to see the road condition and keep the car straight at road and in lane. Come on, if I really manage to do these of course I will do it. But it is just hard and difficult for me now. Of course the car will “die” once or twice during the practice. But I am glad the coach was quite patient to me, willing to teach me and not angry with me. Actually my practices only took around 40 minutes, but trust me, it’s really feels like 2 or 3 hours driving in the car.

After finished my driving practice, I checked on my Weechat eagerly. They said most of us and our institute got posted to Sarawak. I can’t check my posting that time because my phone don’t have extra quota. So I need to check via computer, or in other words I need to go the library after this. Although I hope that I will get a posting place in Sarawak, but somehow I also hope that I will be posted to other states. When filled the posting form last time, I put Sarawak as my first choice, then Pulau Pinang and Melaka as my second and third choice.

However, not surprisingly, and no surprisingly, I posted to Sarawak. They said all of us will be posted to our own states because the government wanted to cut down the elaun perjalanan and elaun pengangkutan. Well, I just contented with the result. At least I still got posting. We will only know which school we are going to teach on this Thursday. Hopefully my school will be not too far or too “ulu”. At the same time I actually pray that I will not teach at my hometown. I wish to get a school in perhaps Kuching, Sibu or Miri. Just cross the fingers and see what happened next.

Then afternoon just now I had been contacted by Madam Fam. She was my ex-mentor, during my first school based experience. She asked some information and resources regarding to her academic from me. Actually we always exchanged information and resources after the school based experience. We are actually study the same thing. The only difference is my course was PISMP and her course is PJJ PGSR. We set a time and place for our gathering. As a result, we met at 6pm at Sugarban.

Madam Fam treated me a dinner. We shared and talk a lot about the studies, families and schooling things. Actually I feel very proud and look up to Madam Fam. Although she already had families and had a teaching job in school with 30 periods of teaching per week, but she still manage to seek time to finish her PJJ. Actually it is very hard to balancing time between teaching, families and studies. But she managed to do it. She seems like a superwoman for me. I wonder that next time, maybe next year if i manage to study my master, will I able to balance my time between teaching job and studies. And it is not include families, dating, and other daily stuffs. From all this, I can see that time management is really important. Before we back, she gave me home made Chinese new year cookies to me as a gift. Such a nice teacher. Hopefully she manages to finish her final semester of PJJ this year and all the best to her.

To sum up what had happened today, I was thinking it was actually a new turning point to me. I am no longer jobless and will start to teach as a teacher perhaps next week or the week after next. Hopefully I will become a good teacher and able to inspire my students and colleague. I must make use my time wisely and spent my time on right things.






No comments:

Post a Comment